Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Anthromagic ~ Chapter 17

Paula came in through the door only a few seconds after Michelle had left me with those daunting words. She brought with her a glass of water and a bowl of soup. It was the first food that I could remember eating and I began to worry about how many other things I was forgetting.

“I hope you like chicken noodle.” She said sitting the tray down next to the bed. “You’ve cleaned us out of vegetable soup.”

“That’s fine.” I told Paula and thanked her. She kissed my forehead in motherly affection and sat down on the edge of the bed.

“We need to keep food in you if we want you to get better.” She said soothingly and I ate the soup as orderly as I could.

“How long have I been like this?” I asked her and she just shook her head.

“A little while, but that’s not what’s important.” I could tell that I wasn’t going to get any information out of her, so I closed my eyes and pretended to be dozing off. Whether she believed it or not, she took the hint I was trying to give and gathered up the tray, exiting my room quietly.

That only left Timothy and Drew to come and visit me. I wasn’t prepared. I knew that I was going to try and get information from Timothy but I hadn’t even begun to figure out how I was going to do it. The night came and went and I hadn’t seen anyone else yet. The door to my room hadn’t opened or moved at all and I was beginning to wonder if I had forgotten Timothy and Drew’s visits or if they were even going to visit me at all.



Creative Commons License
Anthromagic by Crystal and Pamela MacLean is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment